Off the beaten track, La Sosta is perched in the hills at the top end of the hamlet of Chiesanuova, 200 meters above sea level, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and the Levanto Valley.
SIX CHARMING ROOMS WITH A VIEW
Discover the Cinque Terre in harmony with the surrounding natural, historical and gastronomical heritage. La Sosta di Ottone III is situated in a 16th century listed building and guests can experience the atmosphere and rhythm of a medieval rural hamlet.
Ottone III, Silvestro II, Teofano, Adelaide, Zoe & Gregorio
welcome to relaxed elegance and a spectacular view overlooking the Levanto valley and the Mediterranean Sea.
All rooms are decorated with an appealing blend of antique and “made in Italy” design furnishings and décor with stunning marble or mosaic ensuite bathrooms.
Particular care was taken during the renovation to use local materials and work with local artisans.
Tap into La Sosta‘s local knowledge and explore the magical Cinque Terre and sorrounding area.
The hamlet of Chiesanuova dates back to the year 1000 and is not accessible by car:
the Hotel is reached via an 80 metre footpath (not ideal for steamer trunk luggage!) at the end of which is La Sosta.
Parking is also available at the bottom end of the hamlet.
Monterosso, the first of the Cinque Terre, is 5 km away.
Levanto, an Italian family seaside resort and “Slow Town”, is also 5 km away.
Walk to the Cinque Terre directly from the Hotel by following one of the marked pathway through olive groves and pine forests or sunbathe and swim at the nearby beaches of Levanto (1 hour and 35 minutes’ walk) and Monterosso (2 hours and 30 minutes’ walk).
By car or train you can venture further to Lucca, Genova, Pisa
ogether or families.
OPENING SEASON: from April to October
Minimum stay 2 nights
- Price per night: €230 – €260 for the double room – excl. City Tax, please see below
- Special offers 7 nights or more: €210 – €240 per night (10% discount on normal rate) – excl. City Tax, please see below.
- Extra bed: 60 €
- Cot: free
- City Tax: € 1.00 per guest, per night, maximum 3 nights. Children under 14 years at the moment of check out are excluded. We will add the amount to your bill at check out and pay it to Levanto Municipality at set payment dates.
- Breakfast: 18 € per person / 9 € for children under 12
- Dinner: between 39 € and 70 € per person, excluding beverages (please book with 24 hours notice)
Each room can sleep up to four people as the sofas turn into 2 comfortable beds.
We have one room (Teofano) which has 2 rooms and is particularly suitable for friends who are travelling together or families with young children.
Our six rooms are distributed as follows:
1st floor: Ottone & Silvestro,
2nd floor: Adelaide & Teofano,
3rd floor: Zoe & Gregorio.
Friends who are travelling together or families may request rooms on the same floor and have the floor to themselves.
Guests are kindly requested to check in between 2.00 pm and 6.00 pm.
Should you wish to arrive after 6.00 pm, please make late arrival arrangements with La Sosta.
Guests are kindly requested to check out by 11.00 am.
the Hotel has no close parking facility, as Chiesanuova is not accessible by car.
Parking is available:
– to offload luggage – at the top end of the village which will mean a maximum 80 m walk to La Sosta;
– during your stay – at the bottom end of the village, 150 m walk up to La Sosta, public and unguarded.
– no penalty if the cancellation is requested 30 days or more before arrival;
– between 30 to 15 days prior to arrival, 50% of the total cost is requested;
– from 14 days or less prior to arrival and in case of no-show, 100% of the total cost.
A typical Ligurian hamlet dating back to the year 1000, situated on a ridge 200 metres above sea level, overlooking the Levanto Valley and the Mediterranean Sea.
A single narrow road runs through the length of the village which does not allow car traffic, preserving its original atmosphere.
Chiesanuova is crossed by several footpaths leading to the Cinque Terre and to other villages in the Levanto Valley.
La Sosta di Ottone III is set in a historical 16th century listed building.
The legend tells that Otto III (980-1002) was a guest of the Zattera family in this house in the year 996 on his way to Rome to be crowned Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire at the age of 16 by Pope Gregorius V.
We liked the story and added “La Sosta”, which means “stop over”.
In 2002 the owners Fabio Graziani and Angela Fenwick renovated this house and turned it into an understatedly elegant and welcoming Small Hotel and Kitchen.
In 2013 Chef and Sommelier Luca Palmero Scatena joined La Sosta and brought a deep knowledge of Liguria’s traditional cuisine and wines as well as a passion for innovation.